JANUARY 10, 2023

The Bastrop City Council met in a regular meeting on Tuesday, January 10, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. at the Bastrop City Hall Council Chambers, located at 1311 Chestnut Street, Bastrop, Texas. Members present were: Mayor Schroeder and Mayor Pro Tern Rogers and Council Members Lee, Plunkett, Crouch, and Kirkland. Officers present were: City Manager, Sylvia Carrillo; City Secretary, Ann Franklin; and City Attorney, Alan Bojorquez.

CALL TO ORDER
Mayor Schroeder called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. with a quorum present.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Nelle Salinas, Sophia Morales, and Trinity Ramirez, Cedar Creek Middle School Student Council, led the pledges.

INVOCATION,
Ketrich Steger, Pastor of The Refuge, gave the invocation.

PRESENTATIONS (complete documents may be found on the following link):

https://bastrop-tx.municodemeetings.com/?field_microsite_tid_selective=27

4A. Mayor’s Report

4B. Council Members’ Report 4C. City Manager’s Report 4D. City Attorney’s Report
4E. A proclamation of the City Council of the City of Bastrop, Texas, recognizing January 16, 2023, as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Submitted by: Ann Franklin, City Secretary
The proclamation was read into record by Mayor Schroeder.

4F. Presentation of Lost Pines Christmas Parade Winners. Submitted by: Kathy Danielson, Special Event Manager 

EXECUTIVE SESSION

The City Council met at 7:06 p.m. in a closed/executive session pursuant to the Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, et seq, to discuss the following:

10A. City Council shall convene into closed executive session pursuant to Texas Government Code section 551.071 to seek the advice of legal counsel regarding pending legal matter Cause No. 1:20-cv-00317-LY-DH in U.S. District Court.

Mayor Schroeder recessed the Executive Session at 7:28 p.m.

TAKE ANY NECESSARY OR APPROPRIATE ACTION ON MATTERS POSTED FOR CONSIDERATION IN CLOSED/EXECUTIVE SESSION
No action taken.

WORK SESSIONS/BRIEFINGS – NONE STAFF AND BOARD REPORTS
6A. Receive presentation of the Strategic Budget Planning Calendar for Fiscal Year 2023- 2024.
Submitted by: Tracy Waldron, Chief Financial Officer
The presentation was made by Tracy Waldron, Chief Financial Officer.

6B. Receive presentation on the unaudited Monthly Financial Report for the period ending November 30, 2022.

CITIZEN COMMENTS SPEAKERS
Roger Wallace Henderson 706 MLK Dr.
Bastrop, Texas 78602

Lillie Piper
2110 Pecan Street
Bastrop, Texas 78602
(512) 789-8662

CONSENT AGENDA

A motion was made by Council Member Plunkett to approve Items 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E, 8F, 8G, and 8H as listed on the Consent Agenda after being read into the record by City Secretary, Ann Franklin. Seconded by Mayor Pro Tern Rogers, motion was approved on a 5-0 vote.

8A. Consider action to approve City Council minutes from the December 13, 2022, Regular meeting; December 20, 2022, Special meeting; and January 3, 2022, Special meeting.
Submitted by: Ann Franklin, City Secretary

8B. Consider action to approve Resolution No. R-2023-04 of the City Council of the City of Bastrop, Texas confirming appointment by the Mayor of David Barrow to Place 9 of the Planning & Zoning Commission, as required in Section 3.08 of the City’s Charter, and establishing an effective date.

SC. Consider action to approve the second reading of Ordinance No. 2022-16 of the City Council of the City of Bastrop, Texas, updating the Bastrop Code of Ordinances, adding Chapter 13, Article 13.13, Entitled “Licensing Agreement for Attachments to Utility Facilities”; adding Section 13.13.001, “General Provisions”; adding Section
13.13.002 “Standard Licensing Agreement for Attachments to Utility Facilities”; and

providing for: findings of fact, enactment, enforcement, repealer and severability, establishing an effective date, proper notice and meeting.

SD. Consider action to approve the second reading of Ordinance No. 2022-28 to adopt the 2023 Schedule of Uniform Submittal Dates for Site Plans, Place Type Zoning changes, Plats, Public Improvement Plans, and Neighborhood Regulating Plans in accordance with the Bastrop Building Block (B3) Code Section 2.3.004 Annual Adoption of Schedule of Uniform Submittal Dates, and the Bastrop Building Block (B3) Technical Manual Section 1.2.002 Uniform Submittal Dates, as shown in Exhibit A.
Submitted by: Jennifer C. Bills, Director of Planning & Development

BE. Consider action to approve Resolution No. R-2023-07 of the City Council of the City of Bastrop, Texas approving the Bastrop Police Department to accept a grant from the U.S. Department of Justice’s FY2023 General Victim Assistance Grant Program for a Victim’s’ Assistant Specialist at a total cost of Sixty-Two Thousand three hundred seventy-six dollars and eighty-seven cents ($62,376.87) with no matching funds from the City of Bastrop; authorizing the Chief of Police or Interim Chief of Police as the Grantee’s Authorized Official; providing for a repealing clause; and establishing an effective date.

BF. Consider action to approve Resolution No. R-2023-03 of the City Council of the City of Bastrop, Texas confirming appointment by the Mayor of Merrique Deschamault to Place 10 and Debora Acosta to Place 12 of the Youth Advisory Council, as required in Section 3.08 of the City’s Charter, and establishing an effective date.
Submitted by: Candice Butts, Main Street Manager

BG. Consider action to approve Resolution No. R-2023-01 of the City Council of the City of Bastrop, Texas, approving the City of Bastrop Public Library Circulation Policy, attached as Exhibit A; providing for bi-annual review; providing for a repealing clause; and establishing an effective date.
Submitted by: Bonnie Pierson, Library Director

SH. Consider action to approve Resolution No. R-2023-08 of the City Council of the City of Bastrop, Texas, approving a change order with O.R. Colan Associates LLC in the amount of Forty-one thousand dollars and zero cents ($41,000.00); authorizing the City Manager to execute all necessary documents; providing for findings of fact, repealer, and severability; establishing an effective date.
Submitted by: Trey Job, Assistant City Manager

ITEMS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSIDERATION

9A Consider action to approve Resolution No. R-2023-06 of the City Council of the City of Bastrop, Texas, establishing priorities for the 88th Legislative Session in Texas, and authorizing the Mayor, Mayor Pro-Tern, City Manager, and City Attorney to communicate with the Office of the Governor and Texas Legislature on behalf of the City of Bastrop, Texas.
Submitted by: Sylvia Carrillo, City Manager
A motion was made by Mayor Pro Tern Rogers to approve Resolution No. R-2023- 06, seconded by Council Member Lee, motion was approved on a 5-0 vote.

9B. Consider action to approve Resolution No. R-2023-02 of the City Council of the City of Bastrop, Texas, calling for and establishing the procedures for a May 6, 2023, General Election for Bastrop, Texas; and providing an effective date.
Presentation was made by Ann Franklin, City Secretary.

A motion was made by Council Member Lee to approve Resolution No. R-2023-02, seconded by Council Member Plunkett, motion was approved on a 5-0 vote.

9C. Consider action to approve Resolution No. R-2023-05 of the City Council of the City of Bastrop, Texas, approving a contract for election services between the Elections Administrator of Bastrop County and the City of Bastrop for the May 6, 2023, General Election for Bastrop, Texas, attached as Exhibit A; authorizing the City Manager to execute all necessary documents; and providing an effective date.

A motion was made by Council Member Lee to approve Resolution No. R-2023-05, seconded by Council Member Kirkland, motion was approved on a 5-0 vote.

EXECUTIVE SESSION CONTINUED

The City Council met at 8:05 p.m. in a closed/executive session pursuant to the Texas Government Code, Chapter 551, et seq, to discuss the following:

1OB. City Council shall convene into closed executive session pursuant to Texas Government Code section 551.071 to seek the advice of legal counsel regarding law related to Request for Proposals for Municipal Solid Waste Collection and Disposal Services.

10C. City Council shall convene into closed executive session pursuant to Texas Government Code section 551.071 to seek the advice of legal counsel regarding communications with parties represented by legal counsel and engaged in actual or threatened litigation.

Mayor Schroeder recessed the Executive Session at 9:09 p.m.

No action taken.

Adjourned at 9:09 p.m. without objection.

Minutes were approved on January 24, 2023, by Council Member Crouch’s motion, Council Member Kirkland’s second. The motion was approved on a 5-0 vote.

close

Subscribe to our newsletter to never miss a post.

We don't spam and we never share your email address. You can manage your preferences at any time.